The Anik gold property is situated 40 km to the south-east of the town of Chapais and 55 km to the south of the town of Chibougamau, in Québec. The project consists of 120 claims totalling 6,700 hectares.
The project area resides approximately 40 km southeast of Chapais into the Eeyou Istche/Baie-James territory of Quebec.
Most of the project area can be accessed from the gravel road linking the former Joe Mann Mine to the 167 paved road connecting Lac Saint-Jean region to Chibougamau.
The nearby towns of Chapais, Chibougamau and Oujé-Bougoumou provide facilities and workforce for exploration and mining development. The SE Claims Block is crossed by the high-voltage power line of Hydro-Québec.
Located in the Opawica-Guercheville deformation corridor, host to several gold mines and deposits. The eastern portion of the property is located less than 7 km from the Joe Mann mine and the Lac Meston and Phillibert deposits. The western portion of the property is located less than 10 km to the south of the Monster Lake and Fancamp gold projects. In addition, the main gold zones of the Nelligan property, a joint venture between Vanstar Ressources and IAMGOLD, are surrounded to the north, south and east by Anik property boundaries at a distance of less than 1,500 metres.
The project resides in the Archean Abitibi Sub-Province of the Superior Province. Locally, the property covers the metasediments of the Caopatina Formation, the volcanites of the Obatogamau Formation and the tonalitic intrusive of the Hazeur Pluton. These rocks were sheared and altered along the Opawica-Guercheville deformation zone, a well-recognized gold-bearing structure.
Known mineralization resulting from past exploration works included numerous gold showings located within the current limits of the Anik Property. Recent exploration concentrating within the northeast corner of the Property resulted in the broad definition of a continuous gold zone that can be connected from surface exposure to drill intercepts, such as the Bobby occurrence which returned two intercepts of 0.41g/t Au over 56.5 m and 1.28 g/t over 7.96 m at respective depths of 25 m and 110 m below the surface gold zone.
- In the Opawica-Guercheville deformation corridor
- Green schist to amphibolite metamorphic facies
- 4 to 20 km from several gold projects and mines (Joe Mann Mine, Lac Meston, Phillibert, Monster Lake, Murgor, Nelligan, etc…)
Winter 2017 – Proposed drilling
- BOBBY – 2,000 m to test mineralization at depth, to the east and the contact with the sediments.
- KOVI – 1,500 m to test the extensions of the gold corridor at depth, to the east and to the west.
- Discovered in 2014
22 drill holes for a total 4,800m (winter 2014-2015). 11 drill holes intersected the mineralization identified in the showings.
BOBBY (5 DH, 650 m):
- 15m @ 1.0 g/t Au (ANK-14-6)
- 7.96m @ 1.28 g/t Au (ANK-15-21)
- 7.8m @ 1.4 g/t Au (channels, summer 2015)
- 11 samples (15-40 cm channels) 1.65 to 9.39 g/t Au
- 19.3 g/t Au grab sample
KOVI (surface discovery 2015, 0 m drilled):
- 5m @ 0.95 g/t Au (channel)
- 4 samples (15-35 cm channels) 1.8 to 7.23 g/t Au
- 31.8 g/t and 5 samples between 1.05 and 2.28 g/t Au (grab samples)
- 10m wide gold zone hosted within a sedimentary unit
- Sericite, ankerite and fuchsite alterations
- Pyrite and pyrrhotite (<10%) and arsenopyrite (<3%)
- 50m SE of ANK-15-16 (1m @ 19.45 g/t +VG in the sedimentary unit in the beginning of the drill hole)