Kintavar Exploration Inc.
On July 20th, 2018, the Corporation signed an agreement with a private corporation to acquire the Baie-Johan-Beetz (“BJB”) property located in Havre-Saint-Pierre area, Basse-Côte-Nord, Quebec. The property (41 claims and approx. 1,805 hectares) presents a geological context and characteristics similar to a stratiform copper deposit. Contrary to the Mitchi and Wabash properties, it is predominantly composed of metamorphosed sandstones and siltstones with bornite and chalcopyrite mineralization.
Eight (8) mineralized historical showings were identified on the property to date and the best are:
• Mark: grab sample (9.54% Cu, 145.0 g/t Ag and 1.74 g/t Au; 1.8% Cu and 0.3 g/t Au)
• Luc-1: grab sample (1.4% Cu and 4.5 g/t Ag; 0.8% Cu and 2.5 g/t Ag; 1.5% Cu)
• Luc-II: grab sample (0.8% Cu; 0.12% Cu)
• Rustcliff: quartz veins grab sample (18.2% Cu, 1.85 g/t Au and 32.0 g/t Ag)
• Quétachou: grab sample (3.88% Cu, 2.4 g/t Ag; 1.69% Cu, 18.3 g/t Ag).
Historical drilling (1280-01-04) targeting the IP anomaly located close to Luc-1 showing returned 0.24% Cu over 13 meters from the beginning of the hole in a quartz-biotite schist mineralized in chalcopyrite. A property wide airborne magnetic and electromagnetic (EM) survey was carried out in 2018 by Kintavar and future followed is being planned.
Stay in touch
Subscribe for free to our newsletter by clicking the button below.